The Friends and Family Campaign is now LIVE!!!
Click here to learn about the campaign and get the resources
The Prepared4ALL initiative is offered by AUCD’s new Technical Assistance and Training Center and aims to mobilize disability organizations and their networks to foster connections with emergency and public health professionals to build trust, create sustainable relationships, and get a seat at the emergency planning table
The COVID-19 outbreak impacts all communities across the US – including the over 61 million Americans who have disabilities. Approximately 1 in 4 Americans have a disability, yet state and local preparedness planning, mitigation and recovery efforts do not consistently include them. The Prepared4All Initiative aims to address these gaps in emergency planning in three main ways:
- Prepared4All Town Halls link disability organizations with emergency management agencies and public health organizations on a local level. Join local chapters and affiliates of disability organizations and local public health planners and emergency managers and we make connections and problem-solve. Join our monthly Townhalls the third Wednesday of every month!
- NEW! “Prepared4ALL: Whole Community Inclusive Emergency Planning”, offers an approach for building relationships between local disability organizations and public health planners and emergency managers, while learning about disability inclusion and the emergency management system. Learn more!
- Prepared4ALL Trainees help form local networks between local disability organizations in the community, local emergency management, public health, and health providers. Trainees may use the Prepared4ALL initiative to complete a practicum capstone Prepared4ALL experience.
Ready-to-Use Outreach Materials
The following resources are created to support those who are ready to increase disability inclusion in their local emergency preparedness efforts. These resources are free and downloadable.
Communication & Social Media Toolkit
Talking Points for Engagement
Finding Your Local Emergency Planning Agency
Organizational Strengths Assessment
Outreach Telephone Guide
Resources & Referral Links
Additional Prepared4ALL Resources
- The Prepared4ALL Playbook
- Use our Kickstart Directory to track your community partnerships
- Our guide to finding disability demographic data for your county
- Active Planning Workbook: a three-part tool for localities to use to assess and remediate gaps in local emergency plans relating to children and adults with disabilities
Thank you to our Community of Partners who have supported the Prepared4ALL efforts!
- Take our free online course “Prepared4ALL: Whole Community Inclusive Emergency Planning“
- Visit our Public Health is for Everyone toolkit
- Sign-up for our listserv
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly Town Halls 3rd Wednesday at 1pm-2pm ET Register here!
- Fill out our interest form
- Coming soon: Connect with affiliates near you
- Become a Prepared4ALL Trainee! (Complete an internship, practicum or capstone project)